This Privacy Notice is formulated to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, the terms “Personal Data” shall have the meaning as defined by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Mandarin Court Hotel Sdn. Bhd. hereinafter referred to as “MCH”, “Us’, “Our” and “We”, the term “you” refers to yourself including persons represented by you, customers, visitors and users of MCH Website.
This Privacy Notice (the “Policy”) gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal data that you provide MCH either directly or electronically or via our Website.
1. Collection of Your Personal data
The types of personal data that we collect includes without limitation as follows:-
1.1. your personal details either from you or someone else whom you are making a booking for a travelling with (‘third party’) such as full name, national identification number, passport number, contact information, preferred manner of address when in communication with us ( residential or business ), date of birth, occupation and other required information pursuant to local laws and regulations;
1.2. guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, billing instructions and any information necessary to fulfil special requests (for example, leisure, travel and guest preferences);
1.3. financial information includes credit card number, credit card expiry date and deposit amount;
1.4. any booking made by you or someone else or party authorized by you either directly or via any communication method including writing, electronically or verbally requesting us to provide services, accommodation or information;
1.5. any messages, comments or feedback you submit either personally to us, email or via the MCH Website, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number.
2. Purpose of Collecting your data:-
MCH collects, may use and process of your personal data for any of the following purposes:-
2.1 process and/or confirm Hotel arrangements and/or restaurant and/or banquet reservation;
2.2 provide and charge for the hotel accommodations and other goods and services purchase;
2.3 fulfilling contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, credit card companies, airline operators and other loyalty programs).
2.4 provide privileges, benefits and services to you;
2.5 perform market analysis, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys;
2.6 facilitate direct marketing of products and/or services, promotional and customer management purposes including sending you sales promotional communications or special offers if you have checked the consent box in submitting your reservation on the guest registration card;
2.7 where required by law or to meet legal and regulatory requirements. In the event that sufficient personal data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to MCH then you application or request for any of the above purposes under clause 2 may not be accepted or acted upon.
3. We shall not disclose your personal data to any third party without your consent except:-
3.1. to our parent company, subsidiaries, related and associated companies;
3.2. to our business partners, affiliates, and third party service providers, MCH’s travel and tour agents, any relevant financial institutions, credit reference agencies;
3.3. third party service providers for MCH’s operational, administration requirements (including without limitation management of MCH Website);
3.4. auditors, lawyers, professional advisory service providers, debt collectors, bankers, advertising companies, recruitment agencies and researches;
3.5. where required for the purpose of prevention or detection of crime, illegal/unlawful activities or fraud or for the purpose of investigations or for compliance with any other law or an order of a court.
4. Security of Your Personal Data
We have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and help to secure your data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized access or disclosure.
All reasonable precautions are taken to secure your personal data but we cannot guaranteed that your information will not be subject to interference, misuse or hacking in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy Notice due to unauthorized or illegal acts of third parties in violation of existing laws.
For children under the age of eighteen, you shall obtain consent from the parent, guardian, or person who has parental responsibility for you to access our Website. We do not knowingly to collect personal information from children except where required by local laws.
5. Storage and Retention of Your Personal Data
We have put in place to ensure that your personal data is stored and handled in such a way to prevent any unauthorized disclosure.
MCH will retain all your personal data as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information was to be used or is required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting, audit requirements or to protect the MCH’s interests.
6. Your Rights and Obligations Regarding Your Personal Data
You may at any time make a request in writing to access your personal data held by MCH and to request correction of the personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
You may send your request in writing to the following email address:-
We have the right to charge a fee for the processing of any such access request.
This Privacy Notice is issued both in Bahasa Malaysia and in the English language. In the event of any inconsistency, the English language shall prevail.
MCH reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any material changes will notify you at the Hotel website with the updated privacy notice which will include the date of the revision. Such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
Effective Date: December, 2017
This privacy statement applies to www.mandarincourthotel.com.my owned and operated by Mandarin Court Hotel. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our web site: www.mandarincourthotel.com.my. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We may amend this privacy statement from time to time, so visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates
The type of personal information we collect.
The types of personal information that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date and security code);
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation. If this data can identify you as a natural person, this data is considered personal information which is subject to this privacy statement.
You may always choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Why do we collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: we use your personal information to complete and administer your online reservation.
- Customer service: we use your personal information to provide customer service.
- Guest reviews: we may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travellers to choose the accommodation that suits them best.
- Marketing activities: we also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: there may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalised a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website.
- Legal purposes: In certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance.
- Fraud detection and prevention: we may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal basis:
- Performance of a Contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we'll use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us at any of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
- Booking.com: we have teamed up with Booking.com B.V., located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (www.booking.com) (hereafter Booking.com) to offer you our online reservation services. While we provide the content to this website and you make a reservation directly with us, the reservations are processed through Booking.com. The information you enter into this website will therefore also be shared with Booking.com and its affiliates. This may include personal information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking. To find out more about the Booking.com corporate family, visit About Booking.com.
- BookingSuite: Your personal information may be shared with BookingSuite B.V. located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands (suite.booking.com), the company which operates this website. BookingSuite will provide your personal information to Booking.com for the purposes described above.
- Third-party service providers: We may use service providers to process your personal information strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating reservation payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
What security procedures are put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
How can you control your personal information?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us to the email address stated below. Please write 'Request personal information' in the subject line of your email to speed things along a bit.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. Please email or write to us using the contact details below. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Mandarin Court Hotel, 55 Jalan Maharajalela, 50150 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy statement, please send an email to email@example.com.